In this thyroid healing journey update, I’m talking about the amazing supplements that fixed my digestion for the first time in my life and got rid of my suspected h. pylori bacteria. I also rediscovered zinc, fell in love with evening primrose oil, and got another lesson on the importance of magnesium. In the last few weeks, I’ve started a daily exercise routine for the first time in 3 years and had days where I felt the best I’ve felt since childhood. So happy to share this update with you!
Here’s a quick recap of what I talk about in the video:
- I sorted out my digestion for the first time in my life. No painful bloating or stomach cramps for 2 months! That’s something unheard of. I suspect I had h.pylori (as my sister and dad were officially diagnosed with it many years ago) and took a natural supplement called mastic gum that’s supposed to completely eradicate h. pylori without any side effects. I took it for 2 months and within the first week, I could feel a huge change and a very unusual peace and calm in my belly.
- As I was treating h. pylori, I felt it was important to attack candida at the same time as they often go together (h.pylori lowers stomach acid, lower stomach acid prevents proper digestion, excess fermentation from undigested food feeds candida…). I took wild oregano oil from Greece for 3 weeks and it made me feel incredible. I took a pause for 3 weeks and now I’m taking it for 3 weeks again. Love this oil!
- I also took Saccharomyces Boulardii, which is a sort of probiotic (it’s actually a yeast) that fights candida and helps repopulate the gut with the good bacteria.
- I’ve fallen in love with zinc (I’m taking a mix of OptiZinc and zinc citrate) again as I realized that I must have been badly deficient in it. It’s cleared my skin even more and is making my nails much stronger. Zinc is amazing for the thyroid as I mentioned in my first thyroid healing journey blogpost.
- I’ve started taking evening primrose oil and it’s made my skin so soft, I didn’t have any PMS this time, and my breat soreness and swelling was non existent before and during my period. I’m a convert!
- I suspect my iron reserves (ferritin in the blood) are running low due to my heavy periods, so I’ve ordered some blackstrap molasses. It’s supposed to build up the iron stores and also to lighten periods, so I’m very hopeful!
- I stopped taking magnesium for 2 or 3 weeks and paid a huge price for it with lethargy, fatigue, and depression. Never doing it again! I’m currently taking magnesium malate powder and applying my homemade magnesium oil.
- The next step will be finding out why my body isn’t retaining magnesium. Perhaps it’s boron deficiency? We’ll find out soon.
I guess that’s all I wanted to update you on. The healing journey continues and the end is close! I’m going to Lithuania in a month and that’s when I’m going to do all of my blood tests, so I’m super curious to see what the numbers will be. I’ll keep you posted!
Thanks so much for coming on this journey with me. Love you all lots!
Lots of love,
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. I only recommend things that I absolutely love myself and feel certain that you would love them, too. If you shop using my links, you will help keep this blog running. Thank you so much!