Long time no see! It’s time to finally update the blog. Today I’d like to share another food diary, my daily workout routine, and little snippets of my life and beautiful pets. Hope you find this video relaxing and let it inspire you to eat simple, homemade food today and every day! 🙂
Ingredients you need for the Spanish bean stew:
- a cup of dried beans (any kind will do, but if you use canned beans, then you’ll need around 2 cups)
- 1/4 cabbage
- 3 medium carrots
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 100g chorizo
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika (called pimienton picon in Spanish)
- salt and pepper
This serves 4 people.
- Soak the beans overnight, or for at least 12 hours.
- Cut an onion in half. Chop one half finally and leave the other one whole. Peel the cloves of garlic and leave them whole.
- The next day add the beans, chorizo, bay leaves, the whole half of onion, and cloves of garlic in a pot and cover with water. Bring it to a boil and cook for just over an hour.
- Peel the potatoes and chop them into cubes. Slice the carrots. Chop the cabbage. After around 65 minutes of cooking the beans et al, add the three vegetables to the pot and cook for 30 more minutes.
- Towards the end of the cooking, take a separate pan and cook the remaining chopped onion on 2 tablespoons of olive for around 10 minutes until soft and translucent. Once it’s cooked, sprinkle with some smoked paprika, stir, and add to the rest of the stew in the pot. Cook for 5 more minutes, and it’s ready to serve!
I love this stew because I can eat it for a few days without worrying about cooking. Brilliant!
Here’s my food diary video:
Enjoy the stew! And thanks so much for watching!