As the year is coming to an end, I thought it would be great to share with you all of my favourite things: what I use in my daily routine, which books truly rocked my world, what I use to clean my house, etc. I hope it will give you some ideas, and will inspire you to try some of these things.
I’m so happy that this year I’ve managed to find natural primal alternatives for all of the chemicals I used to use on my body and in my household. And you can do the same!
What I use for my hair
- Favourite shampoo – the no-poo method using 1.5 cups of water and 3 tbsp. of baking soda
- Favourite conditioner – solution of 1.5 cups of water, 3 tbsp. of cold-pressed apple cider vinegar and two drops of lavender oil
- Favourite hair oil – jojoba oil
- Favourite hair brush – Denman natural boar bristle brush
- Favourite hair comb – bamboo wide tooth comb
- Favourite hair accessory – spin pins (the easiest way to make a bun ever)
What keeps my skin healthy
- Favourite face cleanser – the Oil Cleansing Method with 85% extra virgin olive oil, 15% castor oil and 2 drops of lavender oil.
- Favourite toner – pure rose water
- Favourite face moisturiser – extra virgin olive oil.
- Favourite tool for skin – a soft washcloth.
What I use for my body and hygiene
- Favourite shower gel – just water! Yes, you read it right – nada!
- Favourite body scrub – demerara sugar mixed with extra virgin olive oil
- Favourite foot cream – pure Shea butter
- Favourite hand and nail cream – extra virgin olive oil
- Favourite deodorant – still looking for the right recipe. Any ideas?
- Favourite toothpaste – coconut oil and baking soda
- Favourite tooth whitener – activated charcoal
- Favourite perfume – sandalwood oil
My favourite products for those rare occasions when I want to wear makeup
- The mineral makeup brand I adore – Lily Lolo ( I love their foundations, bronzers and blushes).
- Favourite lip product – Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm
Hardworking household helpers
- Favourite general purpose cleaner – a bottle filled with 1/2 water, 1/2 white wine vinegar and a few drops of lavender oil.
- Favourite floor cleaner – warm water with a bit of white wine vinegar and a few drops of lavender oil.
- Favourite heavy duty limescale remover – baking soda
- Favourite dishwashing detergent – soapnut liquid
- Favourite laundry detergent – soapnuts
- Favourite room scent – lavender oil
My essential kitchen tools
Books that rocked my world this year
- You Are Your Own Gym: The Bible of Bodyweight Exercises by Mark Lauren
- Cure Tooth Decay: Heal and Prevent Cavities with Nutrition by Ramiel Nagel
- The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness by Dave Ramsey
- A New Earth: Awakening To Your Life’s Purpose and The Power of Now: A Guide To Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle
- The Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson
- The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet by Robb Wolf
- A Cooperative Method of Natural Birth Control by Margaret Nofziger
Where to find things if you’re in Europe
As I get a lot of questions from those of you living in Europe, I’ve decided to include links to all the things mentioned above. I know it’s often impossible to find things (especially when you live in the middle of nowhere like me), so getting them online is often the only choice. Luckily, it’s the cheapest choice as well!
- Apple cider vinegar
- Lavender oil
- Jojoba oil
- Castor oil
- Pure rose water
- Coconut oil
- Activated charcoal capsules
- Sandalwood oil
- Boar bristle brush
What are your favourite things in 2013? Do you have any recommendations for me if you use something else and love it? I’d also love to know if you use any of the things I mentioned and if they work great for you too! Let me know in the comments.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I will receive a tiny commission. However, the price for you will remain the same. All the products I recommend are personally selected by me because I simply think they’re great.