Breakfast is very important at our household, but we don’t want to spend too much time making it. Who does? So we have a list of our favourite breakfast recipes that we just keep rotating over and over. This combination of mushrooms and peas is definitely one of the favourites, and eggs are an absolute staple in our diet.
This recipe combines carbs, protein and fats beautifully, so if you’re looking for a complete, quick and easy breakfast, don’t look further.
It’s also great straight after exercising as it has everything your muscles need to recover. It will keep you satiated and energized all the way until lunch (or maybe even longer).
So let’s get started!
As always, if you want to watch me in action, click Play here:
- a bowl of frozen green (garden) peas
- 4 big mushrooms (1/2 pound of smaller ones)
- 2 medium cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp of butter or any other healthy fat (ghee, coconut oil, lard, tallow, etc.)
- 4 free-range eggs
- salt and pepper
- Melt half of the butter in a frying pan and add finely chopped garlic. Sauté on a low fire for 2 minutes until slightly golden.
- Chop mushrooms and add to the garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes until they reduce a bit.
- Add green peas, salt and pepper and cook for 8-10 minutes on a moderate fire.
- In the meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a large frying pan and add the eggs. Cook on a low fire until the edges start browning a little but the yolk is still creamy.
- Once the eggs are cooked, transfer them to a plate, sprinkle with some salt and pepper, add the mushrooms and green peas. Enjoy!
Hope you’ll enjoy this simple and delicious recipe. Did I say it’s really affordable, too? If you give it a try, let me know!
Much more easy recipes are on the way, so stay tuned!
What’s your favourite kind of breakfast?